We have lost our minds.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Last year, somebody broke into my rig, not once, but twice. The first time they stole about $2500.00 of my personal items. Tools were the biggest ticket, but they also stole an old laptop, clothes, bedding, work boots, and a picture of my oldest grandson. The second robbery occurred while we searched for a safer parking place. That time, they stole the alarm system we installed, and in total, they got about 800 liters for the fuel; I was unloading everything of value out of the truck nightly. We found a place, and it costs $300.00 a month. The investigation was pretty routine and the cops said to call my insurance company. I should mention they robbed two other trucks during that time as well. I had to eat that loss. My company has a $10,000 deductible, and mine is $1000.00, so there was no calling the insurance company and no help from the cops, and strangely, there was no media coverage. Maybe it's because I'm one of the thousands who have fallen prey to a criminal enterprise that is poorly investigated and prosecuted. It rattled me; they stole my sense of security, and the anxiety of being robbed played on my mind for almost six months. We live in a small town in Alberta with 1,424 residents, and my truck was parked a block from my house. A month after I got robbed, a couple of thieves tried to steal my neighbor's pickup, and he (my neighbor) chased the would-be car thieves out of town, but they lost him.

Anyway, I sure hope they find that guy who stole the pride flag.
We gotta keep that story alive.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
When you are on the road, your rig is your home. I don’t see the difference between someone breaking into your home or someone breaking into your truck. It’s a HUGE violation of your personal space and possessions.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
When you are on the road, your rig is your home. I don’t see the difference between someone breaking into your home or someone breaking into your truck. It’s a HUGE violation of your personal space and possessions.
Fucking eh. It fucked me up. I'd lay in bed at night worrying about it. Even now, in a secure yard, I leave the minimum. We have a revolving door on the jails, but we have an active investigation and media coverage over a flag theft. I wonder how big the task force is? :) Bonkers.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Last year, somebody broke into my rig, not once, but twice. The first time they stole about $2500.00 of my personal items. Tools were the biggest ticket, but they also stole an old laptop, clothes, bedding, work boots, and a picture of my oldest grandson. The second robbery occurred while we searched for a safer parking place. That time, they stole the alarm system we installed, and in total, they got about 800 liters for the fuel; I was unloading everything of value out of the truck nightly. We found a place, and it costs $300.00 a month. The investigation was pretty routine and the cops said to call my insurance company. I should mention they robbed two other trucks during that time as well. I had to eat that loss. My company has a $10,000 deductible, and mine is $1000.00, so there was no calling the insurance company and no help from the cops, and strangely, there was no media coverage. Maybe it's because I'm one of the thousands who have fallen prey to a criminal enterprise that is poorly investigated and prosecuted. It rattled me; they stole my sense of security, and the anxiety of being robbed played on my mind for almost six months. We live in a small town in Alberta with 1,424 residents, and my truck was parked a block from my house. A month after I got robbed, a couple of thieves tried to steal my neighbor's pickup, and he (my neighbor) chased the would-be car thieves out of town, but they lost him.

il_fullxfull.2363928441_jk0j[1].jpg

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Worse, instead of doing the job they are paid for, police in cities are advising people to hang their car keys by the front door to make them easier for car jackers to find.
The worst park is, if you administer justice at the scene of the crime, you will be going to jail while the criminal skates. Unless you own some acreage and an excavator.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Worse, instead of doing the job they are paid for, police in cities are advising people to hang their car keys by the front door to make them easier for car jackers to find.
The worst park is, if you administer justice at the scene of the crime, you will be going to jail while the criminal skates. Unless you own some acreage and an excavator.
I think y'all should just go whole-hog, park your car, and give the keys to the shadiest person on the block.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Working on the acreage and excavator part. LOL

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

perhaps you could install security cameras and post the videos on youtube, etc. 💡

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
perhaps you could install security cameras and post the videos on youtube, etc. 💡
Unless the cameras are remote sending, they are just something else to get stolen. Even if they are remote sending, they may not help to stop a thief or catch one even, & it’s just something else the thief can sell.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Working on the acreage and excavator part. LOL
Noticed a story about a death bed confession solving a 25 year old cold case involving a missing woman and her daughter. Turns out the husband shot the wife over some money and killed the daughter to silence a witness and then buried them in the back yard. Sad.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Noticed a story about a death bed confession solving a 25 year old cold case involving a missing woman and her daughter. Turns out the husband shot the wife over some money and killed the daughter to silence a witness and then buried them in the back yard. Sad.
There are a myriad of motives to kill one's spouse, but man, you gotta be cold to shoot your daughter.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Verily People are Shit and more Shit

Man accused of killing 18,000 Chinook salmon after pouring bleach into Oregon fish hatchery tank

Joshua Heckathorn, 20, admitted to using the bleach

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Nearly 18,000 young Chinook salmon are dead after a man poured bleach into a fish hatchery in Douglas County, officials said.

Joshua Heckathorn, 20, of Gardiner is accused of attempting to poach and then killing the fish at a tank in Reedsport, Ore. on Monday.

A patrol deputy claimed to see Heckathorn walking south along Highway 101 before seeing him again behind a locked gate in the hatchery facility that evening.

Authorities said Heckathorn trespassed on the property, entered the storage area, and tried to take the 17,890 salmon before reaching for the bottle of chemicals. He later admitted to using the bleach.

Deborah Yates, the president of the hatchery program, said her team struggles to understand Heckathorn’s actions after they put hundreds of hours raising the fish, which were intended to be released with about 60,000 others in June.

“When nature does something, it’s crushing. But it’s nature, and it happens. But when someone comes in and does something like this, you can’t wrap your head around it,” she said. “We have so many hours wrapped up in those fish, to have someone come in so cavalier, and kill them, it doesn’t make sense.”

Sergeant Levi Harris has served 25 years as a game warden and called it “one of the most senseless acts I have seen.”

Heckathorn was first arrested on charges of second-degree burglary, criminal trespassing, and criminal mischief. He now faces additional charges for unlawfully taking Chinook salmon, a felony, and making a toxic substance available to wildlife, a misdemeanor.

“The maximum civil penalty in Oregon for illegal take of a single Chinook salmon is $750,” Sgt. Harris said. “Courts have the authority to multiply that amount by the number of fish taken, with a judgment in this case potentially raising the amount to over $13 million.”

He could also face additional penalties like damage lawsuits or a lifetime angling license

Reactions: petros

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Verily People are Shit and more Shit

Man accused of killing 18,000 Chinook salmon after pouring bleach into Oregon fish hatchery tank

Joshua Heckathorn, 20, admitted to using the bleach

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Nearly 18,000 young Chinook salmon are dead after a man poured bleach into a fish hatchery in Douglas County, officials said.

Joshua Heckathorn, 20, of Gardiner is accused of attempting to poach and then killing the fish at a tank in Reedsport, Ore. on Monday.

A patrol deputy claimed to see Heckathorn walking south along Highway 101 before seeing him again behind a locked gate in the hatchery facility that evening.

Authorities said Heckathorn trespassed on the property, entered the storage area, and tried to take the 17,890 salmon before reaching for the bottle of chemicals. He later admitted to using the bleach.

Deborah Yates, the president of the hatchery program, said her team struggles to understand Heckathorn’s actions after they put hundreds of hours raising the fish, which were intended to be released with about 60,000 others in June.

“When nature does something, it’s crushing. But it’s nature, and it happens. But when someone comes in and does something like this, you can’t wrap your head around it,” she said. “We have so many hours wrapped up in those fish, to have someone come in so cavalier, and kill them, it doesn’t make sense.”

Sergeant Levi Harris has served 25 years as a game warden and called it “one of the most senseless acts I have seen.”

Heckathorn was first arrested on charges of second-degree burglary, criminal trespassing, and criminal mischief. He now faces additional charges for unlawfully taking Chinook salmon, a felony, and making a toxic substance available to wildlife, a misdemeanor.

“The maximum civil penalty in Oregon for illegal take of a single Chinook salmon is $750,” Sgt. Harris said. “Courts have the authority to multiply that amount by the number of fish taken, with a judgment in this case potentially raising the amount to over $13 million.”

He could also face additional penalties like damage lawsuits or a lifetime angling license
WTF? Motive? Kook?

Last edited:

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
There are a myriad of motives to kill one's spouse, but man, you gotta be cold to shoot your daughter.
I think it was her daughter but not his and even still then. What surprises me is that he escaped police scrutiny for 25 years when all he did was a shallow grave in the back yard with very likely blood splatters inside the home from the gun shot wounds. My guess is no other close relatives to find for her and keep the file active.

Reactions: petros