Quebec Government Forcibly Takes Riverdale High Away From English Speaking Students

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
So the government has decided to forcibly take a school away from the English speaking students and "GIVE" it to the French speaking students. So the students who are now enrolled at Riverdale High will be left without a school. I guess the French speaking students have a higher priority as they are first class citizens.

Sharing the school amongst both the English and French speaking students was not good enough, so the government decided that the school should be handed over to the French speaking students.

No point in having school boards when they can't even control their own schools.

Also, students nowadays have no backbone. Seems that they are scared of their own shadows. Back in my day, I recall we staged student strikes when outrageous events unfolded.

Hope something gets organized via social media (strike, demonstration, protest) to let the government know that we are living in a democracy and not a dictatorship.

QUOTE:

Pierrefonds's Riverdale High forced to close, building to be handed over to French board
CBC News

Quebec's Education Ministry is forcing the closure of Riverdale High School in the West Island to accommodate an overflow of students at one of Montreal's French-language school boards.
The building in Pierrefonds will be taken over by the French-language Commission scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys (CSMB) as of July.
Next year, the 300-odd students who would have enrolled at Riverdale, which is part of the Lester B. Pearson School Board (LBPSB), will be required to attend different schools.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/riverdale-high-csmb-lbpsb-1.4995277