Canada the xGoodx Hypocrite Part 5

grunt

Oct 1, 2011
Canada the Good Hypocrite Part 5
That is for Canada’s phone companies. As Canadians we like to compare our angelic selves to the heartless Americans, here it is. Besides rip-off prices and stealing from customers, we do not have programs like the US. While I was in the US few years ago I found out that the federal government had a program that gives seniors a cell phone and 25 min free, depending on their income. I did not know the details, but States joined in that program by choice. Recently while looking for a Canadian provider I stumbled on an article about the US program that became universal and covers all the states. That program is called “life line” and to many seniors it is. Yah, they are heartless and we are bleeding hearts!!! FCC in the US takes care of communications and all problems related. In Canada, who deals with phone companies’ problems? Is it the less than useless CRTC?
As I mentioned, the criminal is free and gets all the support by going to the legalized extortion gang that is Credit and collection agencies. While the victim gets punished and destroyed!! Again here is my personal experience. My application to rent an apartment was refused because my credit was bad!!! I went to a credit agency and found out that Fido reported that I did not pay the last bill. Fido had no right to that money; I paid in advance. I told the woman from the credit agency that I wanted the real story written with Fido’s report. She gave me a form to fill and said it would be sent to Fido and the agency would wait 30 days for the answer. Based on the answer or if no reply they would decide on writing my side. That system is extremely lopsided; the agency NEVER notified me or was even interested in knowing my side of the event!! That is the most basic principal for fairness, hearing both sides. When I mentioned that and asked her “how do you know that they are telling you the truth?” Her reply was “we trust our members”. I said, "What members? You do not even know them, anyone pays your fees becomes your member" She COULD NOT say anything because it is true!!! To make this clearer, let us assume you have your own business. You are doing well and someone wants to share your fortune. You refused to pay; he tells the agency a phony story about you owing him money. Without verification (because they trust their members?) they write a report without notifying you, and your score hits bottom. Now you have three choices: pay the thief and try to save what is left of your business, pay the agency's fee (ransom) to become a member (I do not know the rules for 2 members) or try to get what really happened written in the report. But you have to wait 30 days before you get your say and in the meantime your business is in a free fall into the sewer. That is the wisdom of our F. F. government, do things based on a particular case without looking at all possibilities. What happened to Privacy Laws that we keep hearing about in every turn? These credit agencies break these laws continuously; they do not ask for permission or even notify people but keep publishing personal information about them!!! My opinion is: there has to be laws and rules different from what exist now. See part 6.