Guru3D - Driver Sweeper is a fast tool to remove driver leftovers from your system. It's very important to remove your drivers on a proper way, because driver leftovers can cause problems like stability and startup problems. You can use it if you want to update/remove drivers from your system.
How to use ?
There are two methods to use Driver Sweeper.
Both methods achieve the same results. This method is always able to clean all files.
This method will delete remaining files upon reboot (if deleting failed). You can clean your drivers this way:
- Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
- Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
- Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
- Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
- More drivers can be selected for the same cleaning process.
What can it be used for ?
- The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).
All the settings are saved in an INI file. Nothing is created in the registry, so it's possible to use it as a portable program. Log files can be saved to the hard disk and viewed as well. You can find the logs under the Tools menu.
Driver Sweeper support/discussion forums can be found here.
From Guru3D:Guru3D - Driver Sweeper is a fast tool to remove driver leftovers from your system. It's very important to remove your drivers on a proper way, because driver leftovers can cause problems like stability and startup problems.Driver Sweeper 12.6.2
is licensed as Freeware
for the Windows operating system / platform without restrictions. Driver Sweeper is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
Driver Sweeper Virus and Malware Tests:
For security reasons, you should also check out the Driver Sweeper virus and malware test
that has been uploaded; additional Driver Sweeper screenshots may be available, too.