Camstudio is a pretty straight-forward video capture software application which does exactly what it says. The main features are simple and it's completely free. It's a small and stable application which can highlight a cursor path, automatically pan and it does this (and more) while recording sound. It also gives users the ability to add annotations/closed captions and the option of adding a timestamp to the video output.
CamStudio supports a variety of file formats including AVI and SWF. It comes with support for several languages.
If you're looking for a small application without needing to do too many fancy things, get CamStudio. It's completely free with no nags and no spyware.
Some ways to use CamStudio:
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favourite software program, before you forget them
From Sourceforge:CamStudio download is able to record all screen and audio activity on your PC and create industry-standard Windows AVI (*.avi) video files and using its built-in Flash (*.SWF) Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).CamStudio 2.7
is licensed as Freeware
for the Windows operating system / platform without restrictions. CamStudio is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
CamStudio Virus and Malware Tests:
For security reasons, you should also check out the CamStudio virus and malware test
that has been uploaded; additional CamStudio screenshots may be available, too.
- Camstudio Download